A passion project by the Armada, to create the ultimate off grid style camper for exploring the West Clare. Working with Vanderlust a Clare based specialist firm who customise and build campers, the team at the Armada brought their inspiration and ideas with the experience from Vanderlust, to create a unique camper. This mid-size camper is perfect for two people who appreciate the finer things in life such as glorious views, exploring nature, and time in the outdoors. Pack light, with an open mind and this experience will deliver a great short escape. Where you go is your choice, but we take great inspiration from what West Clare has to offer, the back roads of Loop head a quieter less explored part of the county, a European destination of excellence in aquatic tourism, panoramic cliff views, abundant local seafood, quiet beauty spots.
We have built our offering around two short term bookings, to bring hotel standard service to a campervan experience, the midweek break allows for early pick up on Friday, and a late return on Sunday, giving a full opportunity to make the most of the time away.
The living will never seem micro if your imagination stretches beyond the confines of the vehicle, if you see this vehicle as a connection point to all that is around you, then this is for you, whether its sea swims, cliffs walks, hikes, bikes or runs, we want this vehicle to be your access point to the amazing experiences of the banner county.
Wake up to a hot cuppa under the awning and a rasher wrapped in a slice of bread, enjoy the comforts of a great driving van, that’s not too big to make you feel uncomfortable, park up at you leisure, enjoy a cold beer as the sun goes down from the deck chair, you will never miss a sunset, enjoy a great meal in a local establishment before curling up in a snug bed to your choice of music, movie or just the sound of the sea, whatever floats your boat!
Our camper is suitable for 2 people only, its ideal for short stays we don’t like to say good bye for too long, pick up and drop back points are always at the Armada.
Terms & Conditions
- You will pick it up with fuel, you will drop it back with fuel, if not charges will apply.
- 20% deposit on booking
- Balance payment to be paid 4 weeks in advance of collecting the West Coast Explorer
- Pre-authorisation of €250 will be taken when collecting the West Coast Explorer to cover any incidentals
- Driver must be between 25-70 years of age with full Irish or UK licence
- Driver must have no penalty points
- Damage caused under the amount of €1,000 is billable to the driver
- The hotel reserves the right to refuse bookings and cancel with alternative accommodation, refunding any price difference or full amount if no other alternative is available or taken up on, should the vehicle is out of operation for mechanical or other reasons.
- If the hotel receives complaints about driving, parking or any anti-social behaviour the hotel reserves the right to terminate the letting immediately.
Friday pick up time is 1pm from the Armada Hotel and to be returned by 5pm on Sunday
- 2 Berth accomodation
- MAN TGE MWB High Roof 4x4 Auto transmission van
- Cruise control, lane assist,
- Heated folding power mirrors
- Air con
- Emergency break assist
- Classic Style all black wheels on BF Goodrich off road tyres
- Bike Rack
- Roof Rack by Front Runner
- LED light bar
- Lazer led grill lights
- Fiamma Awning
- Rear door ladder
- Side Flairs
- Solar panel
- Gas fired mini hob
- Captains swivel sear, driver and passenger
- Double back seat
- Mini internal shower
- Rear door mounted shower
- Portable toilet in shower room
- Privacy glass
- Seikel lift kit raising height
- This is a medium wheel base vehicle which makes it more comfortable for driving than a long wheel base vehicle, but as a result the space is limited internally
- Rain coats
- Handmade soap company body wash and shampoo
- Toilet paper
- Bikes x 2
- Ipad for personal Netflix
- Sound system
- Welcome hamper with artisan food items
- Breakfast any morning in the Hotel
- Full use of hotel facilities